Hello there lovely Buttoneers! The sun is shining, the balmy warm air is close to your face and the oscillating fan is on full blast. Ice lollies are in the freezer (or dripping down your hand!) the ice cube tray is full and the sun loungers are out. The garden is blooming, the sandals have been dug out of hibernation and the sun lotion is on hand. This can only mean one thing…Its summer time!! Hooray!
In my new tradition of celebrating each of the seasons in my ‘For the Love of…’ blog series, I was excited to get started with the bright blue skies and happy yellow, sunshine filled days of summer…For the Love of…Summer!
Also, I don’t normally get to post a lot about the summer as it is usually when I take a blogging break to revive the creative juices (which I will be doing after my Create 30 blog challenge!) so I thought it would be nice to capture it all before I relax a bit!
Just like with my For the Love of…Autumn, Winter and Spring editions, I will be rounding up all the summer goodness from all things Eliston Button as well as some exciting summer finds from around the web.
I want to get your arty, crafty souls feeling the summer vibes and finding the sunshine tribes…I would definitely join that super fun sounding tribe – Pure sunshine magic!
So, what do I love about summer? I love more sunshine than cloud but also cool breezes and not getting too hot. I love bright happy colours and bright blue skies. I love ice creams and lollies and exciting outdoor adventures (and also getting lost)…
I love sun kissed skin and make up free faces. I love road trips, summer stargazing and soaking up vitamin sea! I love sandy beach combing and ocean cool paddles…
I love collecting shells, sea glass treasures and colourful bits of fishing rope. I love warm sand between my toes and silky soft feet. I love salty sweet kisses and sounds of crashing waves…
I love eating alfresco and barbecues for tea. I love salads and not cooking and cool drinks filled with ice. I love colourful beach huts, adventures and flying a kite…
I love staring out to the sea with magical dreams. I love the salty sea breezes flowing through my hair, oversized sunglasses and impromptu picnics.
I love infinite possibilities and light summer nights. I love making plans, taking naps and getting outside. I love summer…
I really love this little seasonal mini-series and hope to find lots of fun favourites over the course of the years to come too to really capture the magic of summer.
I really love finding inspiration across the web at the same time as supporting fellow craft and creative lifestyle bloggers that I look up to and admire…
Here are six spectacular spring time crafts that I have discovered recently – I can’t wait to try them out!
- Easy DIY Hot Pink Clay Pot Makeover by Melissa of Best Friends for Frosting blog. I can’t say it better than Melissa does in this fabulous quote – “There’s nothing like a makeover to turn something ordinary into something extraordinary, and after all, isn’t everything better in pink?” How gorgeous!
- Citrus Wedge Coin Purse by Delia of Delia Creates blog. I really love the bright, happy colours and citrus summer vibes this simple yet super fun coin purse brings to the picnic! The perfect size for those ice cream pennies!
- Toilet Roll Dolls: Hula Girl and Her BFF Mermaid by Leslie Manlapig for MollyMoo blog. I couldn’t resist adding this really cheerful kids craft that even big kids like me can get down with. I love their little characters and that it is a simple and inexpensive little project to make – Imagine the little people possibilities!
- Festive Fruit Ice Cubes by Lucy of Capture by Lucy blog. Stop the boat! How amazing would these look in your glass of lemonade or your summer garden cocktail!? Especially if you are hosting a garden party or summer BBQ bonanza – So swish! I’m thinking summer fruits and citrus twists!
- D.I.Y. Design: Summer Snow Globes by Jessi Burrone for Gray Malin Lifestyle blog. Firstly, I need to buy ALLLLLLLL of the Playmobil flamingos in the land. Secondly, I need to make a flamingo summer snow globe for every room in my house…okay!?
- Weekend Project: Fruit Welcome Mats by Brittany Watson Jepsen of The House That Lars Built blog. These super fun and fresh door mats are full of fruity goodness! I love the idea of welcoming the summer sunshine into the house (and your summer BBQ guests) with these handmade beauties.
- DIY watermelon mason jar drinking glasses by Kara of Kara’s Party Ideas blog. You have to scroll about half way through the cutest little watermelon party I have ever seen to get to this D.I.Y tutorial but it is well worth the scroll – A really simple and colourful way to add a splash of colour to your summer drinks!
- D.I.Y. Pineapple Brooch by Rachel (great name!) of Doodle and Stitch blog. Isn’t this just the cutest little happy pineapple you have ever seen! Perfect for brightening up summer outfits and adding a huge splash of eye-catching fun! What more could you want from a pineapple!?
How could you not love summer!? Did you know…I have lots of fun summer themed things in the Eliston Button Etsy Shop too…
- Beach Huts Fabric Collage. This warm, happy seaside scene is sure to brighten up a rainy, grey day or add a touch of summer to your home, whatever the season – How wonderful! Each small treasure of fabric is lovingly hand-picked and cut to size to create a layered collage effect that gives a gorgeous tactile and dimensional piece of original art for your walls.
- Seaside Harbour Fabric Collage. FUN FACT: My Seaside Harbour fabric collage was inspired by the harbour at West Bay in Dorset where the T.V. crime drama Broadchurch is set! Maybe it reminds you of somewhere you have been on holiday or even somewhere you would love to visit?
- Large Beach Scene Woven Wall Hanging. From the crisp white fluffy clouds right down into the depths of the long seaweed tendrils at the bottom, this beautiful beach scene woven wall hanging is sure to add a rich dose of tactile and colourful goodness to your home decor. You can also find mini versions Here.
- Illustrated Bunting Gift Tags. When I wrap gifts for my friends and family, I love to go that extra mile and make each one super pretty so these lovely summer inspired gift tags came about! Bunting always makes me think of summer parties and village fetes!
- Tangerine Orange Embroidered Felt Flower Brooch. Bright, vibrant and super fun to add a splash of colour to your summer dress, scarf or sun hat!
- Hot Pink and Crisp White Embroidered Felt Flower Brooch. A super-duper dose of girl power goodness to make a summery statement for any summer party or picnic.
- Sunflower Embroidered Felt Flower Brooch. The summeriest of summer flowers for sure! A sunshine happy dose of summer that packs a colourful punch to the season and catches your eye with its beaded centrepiece and delicate French knot detail.
- Rainbow Pom Pom Garland. What could be more fun than a colourful pom pom garland to decorate your home or garden with? A rainbow one! Super fun and full of colour to stand out with fluffy pom pom goodness.
- Wonderful World Garden Quote Print. The summer time is for gardening or maybe just sat in the garden with a huge mug of tea. This print is perfect for garden lovers everywhere!
- Just Want to Nap Quote Print. “Some Days I Feel Like Super Woman, Other Days I just Want to Nap” – I think even the most motivated among us can relate to those days where sometimes that extra cup of coffee just isn’t going to cut it!
- Happy Place Quote Print. The newest of my prints that brings sunshine to even the cloudiest of days – Perfect for unpredictable English weather! Whether you want to brighten up your home decor, cheer up a friend or simply have a happy reminder that you have the power to change where you are, even if it’s just for a moment – this super fun and colourful original quote print is perfect for doing just that!
- Large Mug Coasters. Not only perfect for the outdoors as they are super colourful and wipe clean, but also fabulous for keeping the bugs out of your beverages!
So there you go – A full-filled summer round up to fill your summer days and long light nights, to bring summer into your home, spread summery vibes to your friends and family, or simply decorate your garden parties and barbecues! – Perfection!
I have had a lot of fun collecting together all of this happy summery goodness to share with you today!
What do you love about summer? Do you have any summer traditions? What was your favourite link to click on in this post? I would love to hear all about it!
Don’t forget to give the blogs that I have linked some love and let them know I sent you! You can also pop over and follow me on Instagram for snippets of life, behind-the-scenes sneak peeks and a lot of Art, Design, Craft and Adventure! I would love to check out your feeds too, so pop your links in the comments so I can explore.
Also, remember to subscribe to this blog and become a Buttoneer to get blog post updates straight to your inbox so you don’t miss a thing! (It’s free!)
Until next time, meet me for a chat with a cup of tea in the comments below. I’ll click the kettle on!